[scribus] OT: Online preflight or pay-per file?

Alexandre Leray newsletters at alexandreleray.com
Tue Oct 11 16:58:33 UTC 2011

Hi,

you can use the print preview in the file menu for this but be careful,
because when you export to PDF, according to the options you choose, you
might end up with a RGB document.

Two solutions then to be sure:

1. from the print preview, press print and "print it" to a file. You end
up with a postscript file that needs to be converted afterward to PDF.

2. export to pdf with the right settings (as mentionned in the thread)
and use ghostscript from the commandline to make the color seperation.
 From what I remember it is something like this:

     gs -sDEVICE=tiffsep my.pdf

Ciao,

Alex