[scribus] Scribus Icons Contest 2011

ale rimoldi ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Tue Oct 11 05:36:31 UTC 2011

===
This is a repost of the contest announce... the first thread has been
hijacked...
===

Dear Scribus community,

Many of you have probably noticed that the Scribus' icons set could
need some care!

If you are skilled in icons design and want to do a
substantial contribution to the Scribus project, you're kindly invited
to get your hands dirty and create a new icon theme.

We ask you to submit a proposal with 10 to 30 icons in one single PNG
file in the Development > UI board in the Scribus forums
(http://forums.scribus.net/index.php/board,22.0.html).
You will probably want to add a description of your work.
The deadline for submitting your proposal is October 31 2011.

Members of the Scribus team and of the Scribus UI group will then
choose one proposal and ask its author to work on the full set.

Here some general considerations:

- The new icons will be for Scribus 1.5svn.

- You can get all the current icons by checking out the Scribus sources
from our subversion repository and going to the
scribus/resources/icons/ directory.

- You should create icons in different states (on, off, hovered) and at
different sizes (16, 22, 32 pixel).

- In the spirit of free software, we also welcome designers who are
open to a cooperation with other  participants of the contest and
achieve a full set of icons for Scribus.

For questions and general comments, please reply to this email in the
Scribus mailing list or to this post in the Scribus forums.

Happy
drawing! a.l.e