[scribus] Re : Scribus Icons Contest 2011

Louis Desjardins louis.desjardins at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 13:33:26 UTC 2011

2011/10/9 Ivan Winters <iwinters at virginmedia.com>

> Now that 'Alexandre' and 'a l e' have stopped having a dose of keyboards at
> six paces I agree :
>
> https://plus.google.com/112546833633391090642/posts/cc1UnPkzVxT

While I do agree this is a nice shot, I still wonder. The pen has been
around for ages. Yet, a pen has not much to do with DTP and has always
seemed to me a bit out of topic or a bit misleading. Typography is not
calligraphy. No pen is involved in the work, really. It's also arguable what
a "scribe" has to do with DTP but here I find myself more comfortable since
the scribe's work was in fact to put down the ideas on paper. From that to
layout, I think the link is pretty clear. So, basically I only question the
use of the pen. However, I have no fantastik idea on what we could use to
replace it. A keyboard would be rather deceptive as well as anything that
relates to a computer, a screen, a mouse, etc. No! :-) But a pen?

Anyway, it's only Sunday morning thought. I have no strong feelings about
that. But if we are going to have a contest, then I would suggest that we
open up the door to suggestions. We could be very well surprised by
different angles, different artistic views. And if in the end we choose
again the pen, then it's not because we haven’t tried something else!

Louis