[scribus] how to get feedback on a contest (Was: Scribus Icons Contest 2011)

ale rimoldi ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Sat Oct 8 23:10:47 UTC 2011

hi alexandre,

> On Sun, Oct 9, 2011 at 1:55 AM, ale rimoldi wrote:
> > hi
> >
> >> Now, I'm happy that someone actually bothered to take care of that
> >> and I will help getting as much attention to the contest as
> >> possible, even though I feel extremely reluctant to exposing
> >> people to a team where the loudest member cannot deal with
> >> constructive criticism like a grown-up person.
> >
> > i've dealt with the constructive criticism like a grown-up person
> > during the preparation of the contest.
> >
> > the text was there to be commented and changed by anybody for
> > almost a week!
> > the link has been sent to a selected group of people and freely
> > discussed in irc.
>
> The grown-up sent a link to a selected group of people, so that
> *anybody* could comment on it. How very Alessandro Rimoldi.

alexandre, could you stop it with your direct attacks to my person?
it's not really pleasant to read your posts in here...

however, the link was mailed to several people and freely discussed
on IRC.
the mail part was rather a closed one and anybody being on IRC could
give a feedback. that was the "anybody" part.

basically, it was a really simple issue:
people were discussing about icons contributions, a team member wrote
that we should run a contest, i took the time to write a proposal and
opened it for comments and editing to the people who were around on IRC
(the same place where the idea was initially raised. no surprise here).
the link and password has been freely shared in there!

the ones i wanted to make sure that they could give feedback about it,
were the people having actively taken part in the UI discussions in the
last two years and the team members.

and i got some feedback.
up to one very interesting and a bit surprising remark (that has been
integrated into the announce), the comments were exactly what i did
expect and there was no need for big changes!

personally, i have also other things to do in my life, and i can't
manage this amount of discussion on every tiny detail of the contest.

ciao
a.l.e