[scribus] Scribus Icons Contest 2011

Alexandre Prokoudine alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com
Sat Oct 8 14:22:02 UTC 2011

On Sat, Oct 8, 2011 at 6:12 PM, ale rimoldi <ale.comp_06 at xox.ch> wrote:

>> > - You should create icons in different states (on, off, hovered)
>> > and at different sizes (16, 22, 32 pixel)
>>
>> Oh come on, do you seriously  want people to submit three times as
>> many icons than you _really_ needs to make decision on?
>
> no, everybody can provide as many icons as he or she thinks allows us
> to understand his or her proposal.

The original request says nothing about it. Check.

> and, alexandre, you are talking to a plural "you". personally, i'd like
> to see between 20 to 30 icons (non unique ones, in different states and
> sizes).
> others want just to see five of them, without really caring about states
> and sizes.

The original request says nothing about it. Check.

> we won't refuse anybody because he or she didn't met any of the
> criteria...

The original request says nothing about it. Check.

When you start a contest, the last thing you want is to end up
explaining you really meant this and you didn't really mean that. You
could discuss a text of the proposal in the dev list first, then post
it here. Given the discussion above I'd suggest to revisit this text,
applly clarifications and repost it. Or, better, wait for more
comments on the text and then do it.

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org