[scribus] Scribus Icons Contest 2011

ale rimoldi ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Sat Oct 8 14:12:17 UTC 2011

hi alexandre,

> On Sat, Oct 8, 2011 at 3:11 AM, ale rimoldi <ale.comp_06 at xox.ch>
> wrote:
>
> > - You should create icons in different states (on, off, hovered)
> > and at different sizes (16, 22, 32 pixel)
>
> Oh come on, do you seriously  want people to submit three times as
> many icons than you _really_ needs to make decision on?

no, everybody can provide as many icons as he or she thinks allows us
to understand his or her proposal.

and, alexandre, you are talking to a plural "you". personally, i'd like
to see between 20 to 30 icons (non unique ones, in different states and
sizes).
others want just to see five of them, without really caring about states
and sizes.

so, yes according to some people we are requiring three times what is
needed... according to other barely enough...

well, submit what the fine you want to, and somebody will judge if
you're good enough to work on the whole icons set.

we won't refuse anybody because he or she didn't met any of the
criteria...
they are just there to give you an idea of what we expect.
(so if you submit only one icon and we fall in love with it, we may ask
you do the rest... or if you send me an email instead of posting to the
forum, it won't be the reason why we won't consider your icons!)

just don't submit it way too late after the deadline!

finally, the contest is out and there is not much to win in changing
the rules now.
if you don't like the rules, well, there is nothing we can do right
now for you.
after the contest is over and it will have failed, we can discuss about
a new one with better rules.

and, btw, the contest has been launched because somebody submitted more
than 50 icons!
and somebody else said: wait, there was a guy who proposed to do a new
icons set for scribus...

ciao
a.l.e