[scribus] Problem...

Peter Nermander peter at nermander.se
Sun Oct 2 19:36:27 UTC 2011

> You guys are all saying that NEW users should download the 1.4RC5 to
> start with, but there is no tutorial based on that version while there
> is a tutorial based on the 1.3.3.14 version.  I, being a brand new user,
> find that I need both versions, because if I don't find the elements
> mentioned in the tutorial where it says they are, then I am lost.

The point is that 1.3.3.14 is a very old version, and 1.4 will be
released in probably a few weeks.

Remember that there is really no tutorial for 1.3.3.14, the tutorials
were written for older 1.3.3 versions. And that's the nature of it,
people can not write a tutorial for a version that has not yet been
released. And most people will hesistate to start writing a tutorial
for a version that is "soon to be" released, because there might be
changes that will make some of the work wasted.

/Peter