[scribus] Problem...

Mike Sleger chappa-ai at q.com
Sat Oct 1 14:09:47 UTC 2011

On Oct 1, 2011, at 8:08 AM, john Culleton wrote:

> On Fri, 30 Sep 2011 21:00:58 -0600
> Mike Sleger <chappa-ai at q.com> wrote:

>>> I would arrange the versions so the latest ones are at the top of
>>> the list and the newer ones at the bottom.  You want the latest
>>> information to be the first links a user sees.
>>>

>> My bad - I was in a hurry.  The newest versions should be at the top
>> of the list, and the older versions should be lowest on the list.
>> People shouldn't have to look around for the latest version to
>> download - it should be the first download link they see.
>
> If you mean to put 1.4.0 at the top I agree. But I would not put the
> development version 1.5.0 at the top.

No, "development" versions should be in a noticeably separate section clearly identifiable as "development", so the naive new users don't mistakenly download something not intended as "production".  Allow me to clarify - the newest "production" release should be at the top of the list (this being the version you're wanting new users to download).