[scribus] program download not working - ideas?

ale rimoldi ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Wed Nov 23 12:03:30 UTC 2011

hi geneva,

> I have just downloaded Scribus to my Macbook Pro, OS 10.4.11, and the
> application does not launch. It downloaded alright (~200mb), I
> dragged it to my applications folder, as I was instructed to do, and
> the icon is there in my list. But when I click  on it, nothing
> happens. When I ctrl click, I can open up the app contents and there
> are a bunch of folders with content I can't open either.
>
> Has this happened to anyone else?

basically: no. (assuming that a macbook pro has an intel processor...)

as far i know Scribus 1.4RC6 should work on OS X 10.4... and RC6 will
probably be the last version for which the team will provide a .dmg.

it's hard to debug this on mac (and windows) in an easy way and without
having more details about what you did and what you're doing...

the best is probably if you can get some help in your neighborhood or
can get into our IRC (chat) channel:

http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Special:WebChat

(when getting there: ask your question, don't wait for somebody saying
hello to you :-)

good luck!

a.l.e