[scribus] installation problems

scott scottpetrusscheffer at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 15:57:01 UTC 2011

In a previous post I was looking for help because my Scribus menu and
toolbars disappeared. I've given up on that and I'm just trying to install
it on a 2nd computer. I love how Scribus has worked for me in the past, but
suddenly it seems unworkable. The first installation disappeared, and now I
can't even do a simple installation. I downloaded the compressed program
onto a windows 7 machine laptop. I downloaded 7Zip to open it up. It looked
like it was extracting files when I ran 7Zip, but I still only end up with
a file with the .tar extension. I double click it and it's obvious that
it's still a compressed file and I can't do anything with it. What am I
doing wrong?
I want Scribus back! Please help!