[scribus] How create white lettering on colored background in Scribus 1.4.0 RC6?

Owen rcook at pcug.org.au
Mon Nov 14 02:21:34 UTC 2011

> I have fully created the text for a book cover in Scribus 1.4.0.  Then
> using the Windows > Layers dialog box, I created the first layer of my
> book cover as the background black letter text, and the second layer
> as a blue background for my overall cover.
>
> Two questions:
>
> (1) How do I convert the text lettering from black to white (so that
> it stands out against the blue background)?

The text layer should be the top layer
1. Double click in the text frame
2. Select all the text
3. Properties->Text->colors and se;ect white

> (2) How do I eliminate the "X" which diagonally crosses the whole
> cover page (created when I clicked Insert > "I" frame and drug the
> mouse to cover the entire cover page before selecting the blue
> color)?  Will that "X" show up when the cover is printed?

I think you should use the "S", (Shape} and use the properties palette
for the color (select color)
This should be the bottom layer,
The "X" in image frame wont print. Image frames are for images, the
"X" is a reminder that it is an image frame.

 --
Owen