[scribus] How create white lettering on colored background in Scribus 1.4.0 RC6?

Adam Abair adam_abair at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 14 01:04:37 UTC 2011

I have fully created the text for a book cover in Scribus 1.4.0.  Then using the Windows > Layers dialog box, I created the first layer of my book cover as the background black letter text, and the second layer as a blue background for my overall cover.

Two questions:

(1) How do I convert the text lettering from black to white (so that it stands out against the blue background)?

(2) How do I eliminate the "X" which diagonally crosses the whole cover page (created when I clicked Insert > "I" frame and drug the mouse to cover the entire cover page before selecting the blue color)?  Will that "X" show up when the cover is printed?

Adam