[scribus] Paragraph Justification

Louis Desjardins louis.desjardins at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 03:49:44 UTC 2011

2011/11/9 Murray Strome <wmstrome at yahoo.com>

>            "Louis Desjardins" <louis.desjardins at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>                To:
> john Culleton <John at wexfordpress.com>
>
> > On Mon, 07 Nov 2011 16:53:44 +0100
> > Rolf-Werner Eilert <eilert-sprachen at t-online.de> wrote:

> > > What would I want Forced Justify for? Where is it used?
> > >
> > > Rolf
> >
> > I have never found  a use for it.
> >

> I suggest that this option be simply removed (or the icon pushed away from
> the series — anything to help make things clear!) since it's only bringing
> confusion with the justify option. I think we'd even be surprised by the
> figures if someone would take the time to check just how many questions we
> have regarding this option. We could re-introduce it when we have more
> options to act on the last line of paragraph: left, center, right  align or
> justify, for which there are needs.
>
> Louis
>
> Although this did confuse me (and started this spate of postings on the
> issue), I would not like to see the option removed. I am sure that there
> are some uses, and now that I know about it, I will be trying to think of a
> use in my work.

My main point is to take away confusion. Displaying the icons differently
would help if we decide not to take away the forced justify option. But for
one user that is happy with it there are dozens that are confused. There is
a glitch there. It would be appreciated by many if we'd take the time to
make this glitch disappear. I don't ask for much work. If it disappears for
a moment, there would still be ways to achieve forced justification with
the help of the actual justify settings, so the workaround exists.

Louis