[scribus] Paragraph Justification

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Wed Nov 9 18:06:11 UTC 2011

On 11/09/2011 06:03 AM, john Culleton wrote:
> Microtypograpy in TeX will solve the problem without visibly
> stretching just one letter. All letters can be
> stretched/compressed by tiny amounts to take up the slack.

I'm sure it can.  However, a Sefer Torah is written by hand, exactly the
same way it was over a thousand years ago, and the last line of a verse
is always justified (when appropriate) by extending only the last
letter.  It's not a matter of "there's another way to do it," it's a
question of can either TeX or Scribus match the traditional way of
filling the space?  And, of course, whoever sets it up has to know when
to do it and when to start the next verse without a paragraph break, but
that's a different issue.