[scribus] The Problem of Uneven Lines in Columns

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Mon May 30 23:21:12 UTC 2011

On 05/30/2011 06:29 PM, a.l.e wrote:

> i don't know how other DTP solve this, but i agree that having multiple baseline grids in a document would be really welcome.
>
> the question is: how to implement it!
>
> a long time ago, i proposed to allow drawing several baseline grids on the page (or, probably better: on a master page).
>
> i'm not sure anymore that it's really a good idea...
>

> however. the discussion is here:
>
> https://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=586

I think the complexity this would generate, just on the user side of
things, may make this not worth it.

Having said that, I would wonder about the feasibility of aligning a
particular line of text to a guide, then using the adjustments of
linespacing to have 2 or more text frames line up.

This seems a likely candidate for a feature which would have little real
world usage.

Greg