[scribus] Outline, Properties and Image path?

Barry McKenna bmcken at pobox.com
Mon May 16 22:49:07 UTC 2011

On 5/16/2011 1:46 PM, Margaret and George McIntosh wrote:
> On 16 May 2011 at 9:29, Barry McKenna wrote:
>

>> I'm using v1.3.9 with W2k/sp4.
>>
>> No matter what I click on I can't get the Extras>  Manage
>> Images to turn on: it just stays grey. With a 7 page
>> document, Select all only selected the visible page, so it
>> took me about 7 or 8 min to manually select every image and
>> text frame and the only Items on that upper part of the
>> Extras menu that will turn on/black are the Hyphenate and
>> Dehyphenate items.
>>
>> Margaret and George:
>>
>> Thanks for the suggestion. However when I right click on an
>> image frame, I don't get an Info Item in the popup.
>> Properties at the bottom is the only potentially relevant
>> Item I see.
>>
>> Perhaps these issues are somehow related to W2k/sp4. I don't
>> know.
>
> Barry, I am using Win 7 x64 and both suggestions, above work. The right click only
> works if the layer is selected and unlocked. Info is the first item in the list. I presume
> you don't have the pallette too high on the screen so that the first item is hidden.
>
> George

George, I experimented with every option I could think of
including unlock, ungroup, yada, yada yada.

No big deal - yet.

I plan on building a Win 7 x64 system later this year, and I
can imagine that will remove at least some of my anomalies.

I would appreciate it if you could comment on specific
memory sizes with Win 7 x64 that seem to make for
significant differences for a robust Scribus.

Barry