[scribus] Outline, Properties and Image path?

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Mon May 16 02:38:22 UTC 2011

On 05/15/2011 08:42 PM, Barry McKenna wrote:
> w/v.1.3.9
>
> I'm wondering if there is a way to discover or read the filename or path
> of an image?
>
> My sense is that the Properties dialog and/or the Outline Dialog would
> be a natural place for this feature.
>
> Unless I am mistaken, it seems that at least with v1.3.9 (I know there
> are later versions) I would have to provide this data manually, perhaps
> copying it into Properties > Name box?
>
> My projects use many graphic files, so if there is a way for me to
> verify which image in Scribus corresponds to which file on my system, it
> would be a big help in managing them.

It already exists:

Extras > Manage Images

where you can quickly go from image to image in the document.

If you want a printout of this, you also might check this out:

http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Extracting_All_Text_from_a_Document

where, at the bottom, is a variant that only checks for images, and will
print the pathnames, page by page, along with frame names, to a file
which you can view or print out.

Greg