[scribus] The Problem of Uneven Lines in Columns

Stephen Carboni stephen.entropy at gmail.com
Sun May 8 08:54:24 UTC 2011

Reference: http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Working_with_text_frames#The_Problem_of_Uneven_Lines_in_Columns

Here's an idea on solving this issue.

Give each text frame it's own internal baseline grid for the majority
line spacing its text has.

This way, each text frame can have it's own line spacing. Forcing all
the text frames in your doc to have the same is a bit of an issue when
you would like to "compress" certain frames for certain pages.

I rarely see paragraphs in a frame that have different spacings to one
another, this is the only complication I foresee. In this case the
internal grid needs to have lines for each uses spacing and then
choose the write one for the right condition.

Anyway, other DTP apps having been getting away with it since the
stone age, so it's doable.

You guys have any ideas?

-Stephen.