[scribus] Scribus PDF questions (Ian "Witty" Whitfield)

Ian "Witty" Whitfield editor at federalsaints.net
Mon Mar 14 13:36:31 CET 2011

Hi all

I have just finished, and posted out, my latest Journal for March 2011.
And I still have the 'Hotlinks' not working problem!!

I selected PDF 1.3 for my conversion and all fonts embedded this
produced a 6.5Mb file and the 'Hotlinks' work in it just fine.

I then did the "PDF Reduction" as detailed on the Scribus Wiki, (the
same way I have always done it!), and this reduced the file down to
1.6Mb but the 'Hotlinks' now no longer work!!

With Scribus 1.3.9 I did not have this problem and there are backnumbers
on my WebSite that show this. Since moving to Scribus 1.4 I have had
this problem.

I have tried the finished, reduced PDF in Ocular, Adobe and FoxIt and in
all cases the 'Hotlinks' do not work in any of them.

It looks as if there may be a 'Bug' in 1.4?????

Any comments would be appreciated!

My OpSys is Kubuntu 10.04

Thanks

Ian Whitfield.