[scribus] CMYK and 1.4.0

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Sun Mar 13 00:42:16 CET 2011

I scanned a photo creating a RGB file in png format. Then I converted
the picture to CMYK and TIFF format using ImageMagick.
When inserted into a graphics frame using Scribus 1.4.0rc2 part of the
picture (light blue sky) was marked as out of gamut.  However when
inserted in a graphics frame in 1.5.0 it was not marked as out of
gamut.

Either 1.4.0rc2 or 1.5.0 is handling the converted picture improperly.

Here is the conversion command:
convert loon.png -colorspace CMYK loon.tiff.
--
John Culleton
Create Book Covers with Scribus:

The Short List of Publishing and marketing books:
http://wexfordpress.com/shortlist.html