[scribus] Donation

Gustavo Homem gustavo at angulosolido.pt
Fri Mar 11 18:19:37 CET 2011

On Fri, 11 Mar 2011 12:08:01 -0500, Gregory Pittman <gregp_ky at yahoo.com>
wrote:
> On 03/10/2011 03:28 AM, Co van Kempen wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> One of my former colleagues (Ivo Assink) Contacted Christopher Schäfer
>> make a donation in the name of the dutch yellow pages.
>> (detelefoongids.nl)
>>
>> Would it be possible to make the same kind of arrangement for one of our
>> other clients who is interested. I've tried to make contact to
>> christopher
>> but he hasn't responded yet. I hope that I can contact you through this
>> way?
>>
>> Hope to hear from you Soon!
>
> The trouble is the mechanism, to some extent.

If there is no formal mechanism for contributing money to the project the
donation can be done indirectly as we did in 2006.

We had the great pleasure of compiling an issue / wish list and hiring on
of the core developers to implement it. In this way we donated to the
project the features that a certain customer was in need of and now they
are there for everyone.

This is a great way of contributing and works well as long as one or more
developers are willing to participate.

I'm not participating so much on this ML lately but it's nice to see how
much Scribus is evolving a how much the userbase has grown.

Cheers
Gustavo

--
Angulo Sólido - Tecnologias de Informação
http://angulosolido.pt