[scribus] Image cropping

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 2 14:51:02 CET 2011

On 03/02/2011 04:45 AM, Peter Nermander wrote:
>>> But if JPEGs are going to be cropped at export, where do we set the
>>> JPEG compression and similar parameters? Two users will not have the
>>> same preference, so it must be a setting that can be changed. Global
>>> and/or per image? All image formats with lossy compression would need
>>> to be addressed. For other image formats the function could probably
>>> use the same properties as in the original image.
>
>> craig's proposal is to crop the image which is put inside the PDF, not the one which is on your hard disk
>
> But that doesn't change the matter. People want to have control over
> the quality of the image that gets embedded.

There are some settings in the PDF export dialog:

http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Image_DPI_and_Scaling,_and_Resultant_File_Sizes#Another_Method

but one issue I see is that the settings apply to all images, and one
can certainly imagine that one might want different image quality for
various images in a PDF.

Greg