[scribus] Missing Font(s)
ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Thu Jun 30 13:02:19 UTC 2011
> What does "installed" mean? Located somewhere in the file system?
> Indexed by some kind of font managing system?
> In Windows a font is installed when is is given a registry entry, then
> all applications can access the font throught the operating systems
> mechanism to get access to fonts.
i think that here we have the keys to understand what is happening...
- you want to use helvetica which is not a default font under windows
- you have installed it some way which we don't know
- you see in other applications but you don't tell us which ones
- you don't say where you got your helvetica fonts from... it may be a bad quality package from the internets?
- windows xp is an old system which didn't do that much automatically: you may need some work to get a specific font recognized by every application.
voilà... now it's your turn to offer some more insight on what is going on on your computer.
More information about the scribus