[scribus] Saving Page & Zoom Settings

K.King k.king177 at ntlworld.com
Wed Jun 29 07:58:51 UTC 2011

Depends on the workflow, for preparing an all new document yes, for
editing pre existing documents no,

For (very) recently edited documents by same individual on possibly the
same workstation I can see benefit, though if it was so recent you
should know pretty well where you want to jump to? Personally I like a
quick review before continuing.

But most of the time I would find it irritating especially in a
collaborative environment, certainly not all programs do that and some
like Excel with filters and the like are sometimes plain annoying for
the next time / user, especially if the next task does not require the
user to be dropped at a (to them, random) point of the document with a
zoom setting reminding them of Mr Magoo.

So if it were added, I would hope it would only be a preference setting
and normally disabled.

Alternatively some sort of additional navigation option could maybe be
added that could jump to last edit point
and possibly offer some of the same settings (i.e. zoom), though with
some workstation differences the latter may not be such a good idea.