[scribus] Missing Font(s)

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Wed Jun 29 03:03:45 UTC 2011

On Tuesday, June 28, 2011 09:21:49 pm Owen wrote:
> >> I have noticed that a number of fonts that are
available in other
> >> programs are not available in Scribus.

Traditionally TeX has had its own font collection and has
not accessed so-called "system fonts" as such. The
emergence of Xetex and luatex has allowed easier access to
fonts not shipped with TeX. But not all TeX users use these
variants.Ghostscript also comes with its own collection of
fonts.

I find that on my Linux system if I put a font in a
subdirectory of /usr/share/fonts Scribus can find it.
This is certainly a broader access to fonts than TeX has
traditionally offered.

If you have a font you like, and you adjust Scribus to
access the location of that font, and the font is not
defective in some way, then you can use it.

--
John Culleton

"Death Wore Black" Police procedural:
http://www.deathworeblack.com/