[scribus] Omigod, RC5 is in Fedora 14 repos!

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Mon Jun 27 12:52:05 UTC 2011

On Monday, June 27, 2011 12:33:38 am John Jason Jordan
wrote:
> On Sun, 26 Jun 2011 20:16:18 -0700
>
> John Jason Jordan <johnxj at comcast.net> dijo:
> >The Software Update manager (GUI tool) just announced
Scribus 1.4.0 RC5
> >on Fedora 14 x86_64. I had 1.3.9 installed, the latest
that Fedora
> >would deign to let me have. Now I can play with the big
boys and girls!

> Never mind. It's not there. I forgot that I had added the
OpenSuse repo
> previously. However, Fedora won't install from the
OpenSuse repo
> without a public key, and I can't find a public key for
it, and I don't
> know what to do with the public key if I do find it.
>
> I just disabled the OpenSuse repo. Now I won't be getting
Fedora users
> all excited.
>
> ___
> Edit your options or unsubscribe:
> See also:
> http://wiki.scribus.net
> http://forums.scribus.net

I know that distros like Fedora and Suse do not assume that
the user will be compiling programs. But you should be able
to download the gcc compiler and its helpers, including KDE
developement package,  and then compile the svg version of
Scribus 14..0 RC 5. I have a script that runs each night
that automatically updates 1.4.0.

When the depository gets around to updating Scribus you can
use that version instead. +-

--
John Culleton

"Death Wore Black" Police procedural: