[scribus] Text I-Bar (cursor) Color

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Fri Jun 24 15:37:18 UTC 2011

hi mike,

> Should the I-bar really be the same color as the text being edited,
> or should it remain black?  In 1.4.0.rc5 it's the color of the text,
> sometimes making it difficult to see.  Just wondering whether this
> was intentional or accidental.  (Thanks for fixing the I-bar size at
> high zoom!  It works great!)

please add a feature request to the bug tracker (for 1.5, please; i haven't found any existing feature request for it) and specifiy how the cursor should behave (i mean: how should the color be selected?)

some parameters you may have to take into account are the color of the text, the background color of the frame and the background color for the page...
i don't think it will be easy to retain the color of frames below the text being edited...

at then end: is it really worth?

i just tried editing some white text (on black background) and i must say that in this case the white cursor was the right choice.
i wondering in which cases it's not... but i let you specify them in the bug tracker :-)

if you do indeed find a solution for it, you may also try to think of:
https://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=9835
i think it may be a similar problem.

ciao
a.l.e