[scribus] epub from sla? or Scribus versus Lyx

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Thu Jun 23 23:21:09 UTC 2011

On Thursday, June 23, 2011 04:04:45 pm Alexandre Prokoudine
wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 4:18 PM, John Culleton wrote:
> > I push for the wider adoption of pdf as an e-book
format. I
> > don't use anything else. But you can't sell gadgets
based
> > on pdf. And you can't control the market a la Kindle
and
> > Amazon. So my plea will go largely unheard.
>
> Funny you should say that, because Adobe is pushing CSS
changes to
> HTML5 *exactly* to address lack of traditional layouting
features and
> I bet on my life they do it for tablets.
>
> http://libregraphicsworld.org/news.php?readmore=802, if
you're interested.

> Alexandre

Kindle is not html5 but a subset thereof. Epub is not html5
but a subset thereof. So tables etc. are not guaranteed to
work in either layout product.
--
John Culleton

"Death Wore Black" Police procedural: