[scribus] New Version Announcements

Mike Sleger chappa-ai at q.com
Thu Jun 23 04:09:50 UTC 2011

After receiving a suggestion in a Mailing List response to download RC5 (which I did) it makes me wonder how long it's been available.  After I got my Mac and asked on the Mailing List about OS X installations, RC4 was the current download package.  Unless I missed something, I don't recall seeing any announcement made on the Mailing List that an RC5 package was available.  I don't make it a habit to frequent the Scribus site to check for updates, so as far as I knew I was using the current version.

When new versions are made available for download, couldn't a notice be sent to the Mailing List, so users may be informed?

Thanks.