[scribus] Idiot wants to build 1.5.0 from source

Michael Crane mick.crane at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 00:09:14 UTC 2011

On 23 Jun 2011, at 00:26, John Jason Jordan <johnxj at comcast.net> wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Jun 2011 15:02:06 +0200
> Peter Linnell <mrdocs at scribus.net> dijo:
>
>>> Now to the point: I am also using Fedora and, like Greg, stuck at
>>> 1.3.9.* While I want to play with 1.5.0, I'd also like to get 1.4.0
>>> RC5 (and later RCs and the final).
>
>> There is a very simple solution to half this, at least the rc5 part:
>>
>> http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/mrdocs/Fedora_14/
>>
>> http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/mrdocs/Fedora_15/
>>
>> Add these repos in /etc/yum somewhere
>
> I guess I don't understand "add these repos in /etc/yum somewhere."
>
> I have a folder /etc/yum.repos.d/. It contains half a dozen text files,
> each apparently containing the information for a particular repository.
> So I copied the link above for Fedora 14 into Gedit (as root) and saved
> it into /etc/yum.repos.d/. Unfortunately, that causes Yumex to hang on
> launch, with a clear error message that the culprit is the above repo
> file.

Rather than willy nilly doing things as root and risking breaking your computer please take a moment to find an answer. As I have nothing better to do I googled for you and discovered this information you may find useful.
http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/6827/how-to-add-a-repository-on-fedora