[scribus] Idiot wants to build 1.5.0 from source

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Wed Jun 22 07:01:42 UTC 2011

On Tue, 21 Jun 2011 22:35:50 -0700
John Jason Jordan <johnxj at comcast.net> dijo:

>Finally it all finished and I think 1.5.0 is installed. However, it did
>not create a launcher and I don't know the name of the executable, so I
>have no way to run it. From the command line "scribus" just launches
>1.3.9. Does anyone know how to run my new Scribus?

Looking at /usr/local/scribus_svn/bin/ there is an executable with the
name "scribus." Launching it starts Scribus 1.3.9. Its properties says
it is owned by root. Launching it from the command line as root gives
me:

[root at Devil8 bin]# scribus
No protocol specified
scribus: cannot connect to X server :0.0

The properties for the executable only say that it is owned by root;
there is no further information about the file.