[scribus] Idiot wants to build 1.5.0 from source

Jan Schrewe jschrewe at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 21 02:07:53 UTC 2011

On 21 June 2011 03:58, John Jason Jordan <johnxj at comcast.net> wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Jun 2011 02:15:18 +0100
> Michael Crane <mick.crane at gmail.com> dijo:
>
> >http://star-www.rl.ac.uk/star/docs/sc4.htx/node8.html
>
> Thanks. That solved the problem.
>
> However, the compile failed at the end:
>
>  U   Scribus
> Checked out revision 16685.
> -- Shared Library Flags:
> -- The C compiler identification is GNU
> -- The CXX compiler identification is unknown
> -- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc
> -- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc -- works
> -- Detecting C compiler ABI info
> -- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
> CMake Error: your CXX compiler: "CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER-NOTFOUND" was not
>  found.   Please set CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER to a valid compiler path or
>  name. -- Scribus 1.5.0.svn will be built to install
>  into /usr/local/scribus_svn -- Machine: x86_64-redhat-linux, void
>  pointer size: 8 -- Found target X86 -- Found target X86_64
> -- Building for target x86_64-redhat-linux
> -- Using standard ApplicationDataDir. You can change it with
>  -DAPPLICATION_DATA_DIR CMake Error
>  at /usr/share/cmake/Modules/FindQt4.cmake:1225 (MESSAGE): Qt qmake not
>  found! Call Stack (most recent call first):
>  CMakeLists.txt:465 (FIND_PACKAGE)
> make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
> sudo: make install: command not found

You need to install a compiler and development libraries. I'm not sure how
to do that with fedora, but something like yum install g++ should help. The
development part of most libraries will most likely also be missing.
Installing them should be something like yum install <package>-devel e.g.
yum install qt4-devel should help. But I have nener used fedora so this is
just a guess.