[scribus] Idiot wants to build 1.5.0 from source

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 20 02:41:26 UTC 2011

On 06/19/2011 10:33 PM, John Jason Jordan wrote:
> I've been using Linux for years, but have never actually compiled a
> program. Now I want to build the current 1.5.0 on Fedora 14, x86_64.
>
> I found this page with instructions:
>
> http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Official:Compile_with_CMake
>
> I installed Cmake 2.8.4-1.fc14.
>
> Then the instructions say "Let's assume the following: *Scribus source
> is in a directory like /home/username/scribussource/." I created the
> folder, but I can't figure out what files are needed for the "source"
> or where to get them. I guess I'm supposed to know what source files
> look like, but I don't. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Here is a better page:

http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Building_SVN_versions_with_CMake

with more up to date details.

You will need to have subversion so that you can download the source,
unless you get a tarball from downloads.

You are probably going to have more questions as you go, so keep coming
back. Once you get this figured out, it will last a lifetime. :)

Greg