[scribus] Idiot wants to build 1.5.0 from source

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Mon Jun 20 02:33:48 UTC 2011

I've been using Linux for years, but have never actually compiled a
program. Now I want to build the current 1.5.0 on Fedora 14, x86_64.

I found this page with instructions:

http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Official:Compile_with_CMake

I installed Cmake 2.8.4-1.fc14.

Then the instructions say "Let's assume the following: *Scribus source
is in a directory like /home/username/scribussource/." I created the
folder, but I can't figure out what files are needed for the "source"
or where to get them. I guess I'm supposed to know what source files
look like, but I don't. Can someone point me in the right direction?