[scribus] The never-ending quest for a stable version

Jan Schrewe jschrewe at googlemail.com
Sun Jun 19 01:14:02 UTC 2011

On 19 June 2011 02:04, Andrew Fountain <andrew at writeup.org> wrote:

> Now it appears that 1.4 will be yet another development version and 1.5
> will be the stable version. Or will it? Maybe by then we will be
> waiting for 1.6?
> Can someone clarify?
> --Andrew F.

I can't clarify what the next stable version is going to be. But my advice
would be to stop waiting and start using. From my experience the 1.4rcX
versions were all stable enough to be very usable.

Generally I've noticed lately that the idea to make a difference between
stable and development versions of open source software is going away. And
that is generally a good thing because it allows the release of smaller
changes which are way more manageable. And although I have no idea what the
plans of the scribus team are I would wish that they would increase the
release times.