[scribus] Embedding fonts

Michael Eager eager at eagercon.com
Fri Jun 17 17:39:50 UTC 2011

On 06/17/2011 10:23 AM, Michael Eager wrote:
> On 06/17/2011 09:22 AM, Gregory Pittman wrote:
>> On 06/17/2011 11:35 AM, Michael Eager wrote:
>>> Hi --
>>>
>>> I exported a PDF and checked "Embed all fonts".
>>> When I look at the PDF with Acrobat, several of
>>> the fonts are listed as embedded, but others are
>>> not. Any suggestions what is going on?
>>>
>>> Using Scribus 1.3.9.
>>>
>> In general, OTF fonts cannot be embedded (yet), and there may be some others also.
>
> It looks like some Type 1 fonts were embedded. Most of
> the ones which were not embedded were TrueType or Type 3.
> But Times-Roman is a Type 1, but wasn't embedded.
>
> I'm going to check if these fonts were actually installed
> on the system where the PDF was generated.

It's also possible that this was an issue caused by
placing a PDF in the Scribus document.  The embedded PDF
did not have any fonts embedded and it looks like all
of the fonts which were not embedded were used in the
embedded PDF.

Sounds like Scribus needs to look at an embedded PDF
and copy any fonts used to the document fonts list.

Michael Eager	 eager at eagercon.com
1960 Park Blvd., Palo Alto, CA 94306  650-325-8077