[scribus] Embedding fonts

Michael Eager eager at eagercon.com
Fri Jun 17 17:23:06 UTC 2011

On 06/17/2011 09:22 AM, Gregory Pittman wrote:
> On 06/17/2011 11:35 AM, Michael Eager wrote:
>> Hi --
>>
>> I exported a PDF and checked "Embed all fonts".
>> When I look at the PDF with Acrobat, several of
>> the fonts are listed as embedded, but others are
>> not. Any suggestions what is going on?
>>
>> Using Scribus 1.3.9.
>>
> In general, OTF fonts cannot be embedded (yet), and there may be some others also.

It looks like some Type 1 fonts were embedded.  Most of
the ones which were not embedded were TrueType or Type 3.
But Times-Roman is a Type 1, but wasn't embedded.

I'm going to check if these fonts were actually installed
on the system where the PDF was generated.

Michael Eager	 eager at eagercon.com
1960 Park Blvd., Palo Alto, CA 94306  650-325-8077