[scribus] CMYK Values Overwritten

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 17 02:51:31 UTC 2011

On 06/16/2011 08:17 PM, Mike Sleger wrote:
> I did further testing, and it turns out that any percentage value not evenly divisible by 20 gets altered.  Values evenly distributed by 20 retain their entered value.  Granted, there probably isn't any perceptible difference between 41.00% and 41.18%, but from an end-user perspective 41.00 should be 41.00, not 41.18.  A user should get the values they specified.

The other thing to realize from what I was saying was that, if a color
value, even CMYK, can only have 256 possibilities, then if we divide
100/255, then the smallest difference there can be from one setting to
another is about 0.4% (which is why multiples of 20.0% are possible), so
the problem may be in suggesting that tenths of percentages are
possible. If the SLA file is where a percentage might be saved, the
format has no allowance for saving 30.0%, only what is closest to that.

Greg