[scribus] Save Not Setting Saved Status

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Thu Jun 16 13:43:49 UTC 2011

On Tuesday, June 14, 2011 03:17:18 pm Craig Bradney wrote:
> On 6/14/11 8:58 PM, Margaret and George McIntosh wrote:
> > On 14 Jun 2011 at 13:32, John Ghormley KJ4UFG wrote:
> >> Obviously, it may be a time consuming search given the reason for
> >> manipulating the flag must be investigated in each instance where
> >> manipulation occurs.  It would seem to me to be a matter of just not
> >> having
> >> the resources (otherwise known as man-hours) to do the necessary
> >> research
> >> into the logic that causes the flag to be set when it should not be
> >> rather
> >> than not being able to find where it is set or unset.
> >
> > I'm not a programmer and I am not part of the Scribus team, but it
seems
> > to me that there are many unresolved bugs that are more important than
> > having this warning to save the file pop up unnecessarily. Just look
> > through the list of bugs.
> >
> > Scribus is an open source project which means it is written by people
> > that are voluntering their time to make this program a success. I think
> > they are doing a great job. Just look at the progress made during the
> > past year since I started using Scribus. It also means that they have
> > prioritize their efforts. We may not always agree with their
priorities,
> > but I think this warning is, and should be, pretty low on the list.
> >
> > Thank you for letting me speak my piece.
>
> Thanks George.. its nice to have some appreciation dealt the team's way
>
> :) We are very glad you like it.. and I hope we can nail down the issues
>
> well enough to get 1.4.0 done soon.
>
> Craig

> edit your options.
>
> Scribus Forums are available at http://forums.scribus.net
>
> Notice: Scribus mailing lists were migrated to a new host and now reside
at
> lists.scribus.net, so a new list address scribus at lists.scribus.net has to
> be used.

I could not find the right message to reply to, so I respond to this one
:<)

I created a file in Scribus 1.5.0, added a text block. saved the file and
then exited the program. No warning message.

I reloaded the file, changed the text, did not save, and exited the
program. Got the warning message.

Obviously I did not test all possible circumstances, but in the above
simple case Scribus 1.5.0 works correctly.  My Scribus 1.5.0 still claims
to be dated 07 June 2011 and build C-C-T-F-PC1.9.99.
It was recompiled on June 15 at about 5.30 EDT.
--
John Culleton

"Death Wore Black" Police procedural: http://www.deathworeblack.com/

"Create Book Covers with Scribus"