[scribus] Story Mode

Mike Sleger chappa-ai at q.com
Wed Jun 15 05:21:49 UTC 2011

On Jun 14, 2011, at 11:02 PM, a.l.e wrote:

> just use the edit > style manager from the main menu without closing
> the story editor!

There is no style manager option in my Edit menu of Story Editor (1.4.0.rc3).  The contents of the Edit menu in Story Editor for me are:  Select All, Cut, Copy, Paste, Clear, Search/Replace, Fonts Preview, Update Text Frame.  Consequently, my perception of not being able to edit/create styles as in 1.3.  And believe me, I did look everywhere, even right-clicking to check in contextual menus, to find a way to enter Style Manager before posting to the mailing list.  My workaround is to have Style Manager already open before entering Story Editor.

> p.s.: if you can give us step to reproduce the selection problems
> you're facing, i guess that those will be corrected ASAP!

With one paragraph of text selected in a text frame, change the Fixed Linespacing value in the Text tab of Properties by clicking either the "up" and/or "down" triangles.  Each click increases the text SELECTION to include the following paragraph, and ALL newly-selected paragraphs have the changed line spacing, NOT just the paragraph which was originally selected.

Mike