[scribus] Save Not Setting Saved Status

Margaret and George McIntosh tenbear at myfairpoint.net
Tue Jun 14 18:58:31 UTC 2011

On 14 Jun 2011 at 13:32, John Ghormley KJ4UFG wrote:

> Obviously, it may be a time consuming search given the reason for
> manipulating the flag must be investigated in each instance where
> manipulation occurs.  It would seem to me to be a matter of just not
> having
> the resources (otherwise known as man-hours) to do the necessary
> research
> into the logic that causes the flag to be set when it should not be
> rather
> than not being able to find where it is set or unset.
> --
I'm not a programmer and I am not part of the Scribus team, but it seems to me that
there are many unresolved bugs that are more important than having this warning to
save the file pop up unnecessarily. Just look through the list of bugs.

Scribus is an open source project which means it is written by people that are
voluntering their time to make this program a success. I think they are doing a great
job. Just look at the progress made during the past year since I started using Scribus.
It also means that they have to prioritize their efforts. We may not always agree with
their priorities, but I think this warning is, and should be, pretty low on the list.

Thank you for letting me speak my piece.

George