[scribus] Finding Document Fonts

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Mon Jun 13 14:27:10 UTC 2011

On Mon, 13 Jun 2011 00:16:42 -0600
Mike Sleger <chappa-ai at q.com> dijo:

>On Jun 13, 2011, at 12:02 AM, a.l.e wrote:
>> as far as i know the issue is with the fonts being used for some
>> defaults values in your document.
>>
>> sadly, there is no "real" solution for it, yet...
>>
>> i guess we should have a look at it at some time...

>Yes, the text editor showed where the fonts were located, but rather
>cryptically.  Some sort of Find Font Placements script would be
>useful.  Changing the defaults cleans out the "unused" fonts.  It's
>interesting that the fonts export with the pdf, even though there is
>no visible text using them.

This is reported here so often that I wonder if it might be better to
adjust the PDF export routine so it only includes fonts that are really
used in text. Assuming it is possible to do so, that is. Scribus should
not be creating PDFs with fonts that are not actually used. It
increases the size of the PDF, in addition to not being very
professional.

Still, it would be handy to have a "find font" utility of some sort.