[scribus] Easiest way to insert text.

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 3 16:30:31 UTC 2011

On 06/03/2011 10:29 AM, Stéphanie Vilayphiou wrote:
> I also think Story Editor is a key function.
> It is not only about copying/pasting text, but it is about editing
> afterwards. It is very convenient to edit. You don't have to zoom in/out
> to edit very small captions for example. Or in my latest work, I had
> text upside/down, so Story Editor is perfect for that. Although it
> misses a lot of features present in the Properties palette, so a lot of
> stuff is impossible to do directly in there, i.e. applying a character
> style (absolutely necessary!).
> please don't kill it!

I don't know that there is an effort to simply kill the SE.
It's more of a recognition of SE's limitations that is the source of
trouble.

I do agree that some sort in bulk simple editing is needed. Perhaps one
answer might come from a free-standing plain text editor that can import
from/save to the document, called up like Gimp is called up, with some
sort of tags to denote things like paragraph and character styles.

At the moment what we have is a mix of those who don't use and recommend
to others not to use SE, and those who still use it in spite of its
shortcomings.

Greg