[scribus] Can scribus support this character?

JLuc jluc at no-log.org
Fri Jun 3 10:27:21 UTC 2011

Le 02/06/2011 23:32, sinead ward a écrit :
> Hello all!
> I am completely new to the list, having just discovered scribus this evening. The software looks great and I'm hoping to be able to use it to create a newspaper all going well. One thing I would just like to be sure about though is if
 > I can write this character (like the French accent grave) as in áéíóú. (that is the upwards moving line used on vowels).
 > This is actually called a 'fada' in the Irish language and is used very often in Irish so it's critical I can use it.

Hello Sinead,

I'm glad to discover that 'fada' glyph. In the southern french dialect, fada means 'nicely crazy'. :-)

But for your own information, and for those who have continued with this, the accent here is not 'grave' but 'aigu'.
Aigu means 'acute' as in html :
è is è
é is é with the upwards moving line as you mentionned.

JLuc