[scribus] Can scribus support this character?

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jun 3 01:13:31 UTC 2011

A Sinéad a chara,

On Thu, 2011-06-02 at 21:32 +0000, sinead ward wrote:
> I am completely new to the list, having just discovered scribus this
> evening. The software looks great and I'm hoping to be able to use it
> to create a newspaper all going well. One thing I would just like to be
> sure about though is if I can write this character (like the French
> accent grave) as in áéíóú. (that is the upwards moving line used on
> vowels). This is actually called a 'fada' in the Irish language and is
> used very often in Irish so it's critical I can use it.

Since I spell my name as Gaeilge I use fada - I haven't had any issue in
Scribus. As long as you use a font that has fada (as with any software)
they should work fine.

I use Scribus with Fedora, so I use the Irish keyboard setting and hold
down alt when I type the letter I'd like the fada over to output them
and Scribus handles this fine. I've produced many documents with the
fada using Scribus without issue.

Hope this helps!

Mise le meas
~m