[scribus] scribus Digest, Vol 39, Issue 4

S C ribus id746-scribus at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jun 3 06:54:34 UTC 2011

::  this character (like the French accent grave) as in ?????. (that is
the upwards moving line used on vowels). This is actually called a
'fada' in the Irish language :: and is used very often in Irish so it's
critical I can use it.

Sinead,
I will reasonably assume you are talking about UTF-8
LATIN CAPITAL LETTER A WITH ACUTE c3 81
LATIN SMALL LETTER A WITH ACUTE  c3 a1

and
 it is commonly supported by all fonts that support Spanish diacritics
(the glyphs are common in Spanish too) so I  see no issue provided you
have a decent font (and all Operating System fonts should meet this
 definition)