[scribus] Scripting: database access, Windows

Mike mike at hersham.net
Wed Jun 1 08:44:05 UTC 2011

I'm using Scribus on various platforms and enjoying it immensely (Thank-you
dev team!)

I'm interested in using the python mysqldb extension within my Scribus
scripts.
On my Windows XP set-up I'm running 1.4.0 rc3. Python appears to be accessed
from a dll that resides in the main scribus installation folder.
I also have the latest version of Python installed seperately, including the
MySQLdb extension.

Can Scribus use the seperate installation of Python - or am I expected to
keep two installations of Python?