[scribus] text edit problem--bug?

John Ghormley KJ4UFG kj4ufg at sera.org
Sat Jul 30 16:08:52 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 1:35 PM, Martha Cheng <MCHENG at rollins.edu> wrote:

> Hi,
> I am new to Scribus and think it's great, but have been stopped before I
> have made any progress. I am using 1.4.0 rc5 on Mac. I am not able to alter
> my font size or style. It changes in the text edit/story editor box but does
> not change in my document. Any suggestions? I saw some other comments on
> this topic but no solutions.
>
> thanks
> mc

To answer your concern, this is not a problem, but rather, the way Scribus
works.  When you are editing within the Story Editor, you will NOT see
changes to text attributes as the Story Editor is not a What You See Is What
You Get (WYSIWYG) presentation.  However, if you press the green check
button and exit the Story Editor, you will see your frame has been formatted
as you desired.
As was presented, the other option is to edit directly in the frame.  That
works well for some tasks, but the Story Editor exceeds that method, in some
cases, i.e., should you wish to use paragraph styles, for instance.  One
just has to accept that it is not necessary to see a WYSIWYG presentation to
manage text formatting successfully.
One of the benefits to Scribus is the option to use either method depending
on which you find easier for the task you need to accomplish.
--
John Ghormley  KJ4UFG
Editor, SERA *Repeater Journal*
editor at sera.org