[scribus] Line Wrapping Bug

Mike Sleger chappa-ai at q.com
Sat Jul 30 01:00:12 UTC 2011

On Jul 29, 2011, at 7:08 AM, Margaret and George McIntosh wrote:

> On 29 Jul 2011 at 8:34, Craig Bradney wrote:

>> cannot be
>> text
>> align different
>> with the

>> Automatic
>> the same

>> linespacing to
>> should do it

>> over 3,24
>> pushed on

>> least, it's an

>>> Correct, I'm going to file a bug report.
>>
>> No need to.. its a known issue with the old text system. I believe a
>> fix
>> will come as a part of #9932 etc that will come when Cezary is back
>> from
>> holidays.
>>
>> Craig
>>
> Maybe this will help you get thru this problem. If you put a blank line before the first
> character then it works ok. (Space enter) It only seems to affect the first line.
> Probably related to being to close to the frame margin. It must place the first line
> based on the first character.
> Hope it helps.
>
> George

Yes, this fixes the problem for my specific case and is better than my workaround of placing a separate text frame for the larger text.  (Will need to change the text frame coordinates now, though, due to the extra blank line.)  Thanks!  (I still think this is a text frame bug, though, which should be corrected.)

Mike