[scribus] Line Wrapping Bug

Margaret and George McIntosh tenbear at myfairpoint.net
Fri Jul 29 13:08:14 UTC 2011

On 29 Jul 2011 at 8:34, Craig Bradney wrote:

> On 7/29/11 4:37 AM, Mike Sleger wrote:

> cannot be
> text
> align different
> with the

> Automatic
> the same
> >>>

> >> Hmmmm.... I see no reason why we should need to set the
> linespacing to
> >> "Align to Baseline Grid" to achieve this. A "Fixed linespacing"
> should do it
> >> just the same as the Align to Baseline Grid.
> >>
> >> Quick testings reveal that as soon as there is a difference of
> over 3,24
> >> points between a word and the following one, the following one is
> pushed on
> >> the next line. Setting at smaller type has the same effect.
> >>
> >> If this is not a bug, I wonder what else could it be. To the
> least, it's an
> >> annoying limitation.
> >>
> >> Louis
> >
> > Correct, I'm going to file a bug report.
>
> No need to.. its a known issue with the old text system. I believe a
> fix
> will come as a part of #9932 etc that will come when Cezary is back
> from
> holidays.
>
> Craig

Maybe this will help you get thru this problem. If you put a blank line before the first
character then it works ok. (Space enter) It only seems to affect the first line.
Probably related to being to close to the frame margin. It must place the first line
based on the first character.
Hope it helps.

George